Sunday, August 25, 2013

Week 1-Things to come...

So this week was the first week of school!  Kind of scary right?  Well eh its school, and some things are new and some different, and yet some still are the exact same.  But in econ class this week, we got settled in and are starting to settle into the rhyme of the class.  At first we just went of the basics on the first day, then we learned some stuff the next day.  An interesting thing that happened was for econ we are all "part" of and "live" in Weeserville.  We all got jobs ad personas and we even had an election picking the mayor and vice mayor and all those cool people.  I myself was elected Vice mayor, with Mitch as Mayor.  I think this whole "Weeserville experiment", as it is known by, should be quite interesting.  I personally at this point am a fan of it.  We already are making decisions and discussing what to do with 10 million dollars and about 80-100 acres of Weeserville.  It is an interesting way to study economics and decision making, and how a town actually works and stuff.  It over all in my opinion just seems to be a very good, new, and interesting approach to teaching economics in an interactive way.  Something that engages everyone, something people can be part of and actually understand that concepts.  So I look forward to this and where it will go.

9 comments:

  1. This is a reflective blog. -Boomer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think that it is very cool that it seems as if we are running a real town and that we are making the big decisions. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also believe that the whole town aspect of things really gets us into the subject and helps us in a fun interactive way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You share my belief in the success of the Weserville Project. It has been great having fun as we learn and really being a part of it. o:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this project will proceed nicely and with success, the proof is in the pudding look at what we have done so far we spent 10 mill dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Blog Boomer! I am starting to wish I did a reflective blog over a current events one! Also I am also interested in the "Weserville Diaries."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at Boomer getting all fancy with his blog. Good choice with the refection blog booms i chose a current event blog and it is looking to me that the refection blogs were a better choice. Good connection to Weserville and how it all relates to Econ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a good blog! That was a good reflection of the first week of school of everything we've done and stating how many changes there have been in the new school year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with your blog! You perfectly described the first week of school and the stuff we did in this class. I am a fan of this class too, it is very productive.

    ReplyDelete